Trainee Fund Accountant, Fund Accounting
We are seeking a Trainee Fund Accountant, reporting to a Manager within the Fund Accounting Division of Sanne to prepare accurate portfolio valuations and financial statements. The Trainee Fund Accountant role involves preparations of accurate portfolio valuations on a timely basis. You will typically be responsible for the accounting of a number of portfolios. Maintain the underlying accounting records for assigned funds (including domestic offshore, hedge funds, partnerships, etc.) and Seasoned incumbent responsible for approximately 3 to 6 valuations.
- Preparation of portfolio valuations and maintenance of the underlying accounting records for assigned funds (including hedge funds, partnerships, etc.);
- Liaising with fund managers, brokers, and custodians to communicate information and resolve issues on a timely basis;
- Reconciling broker and custodian accounts to underlying records;
- Preparing and maintaining standard operating procedures;
- Establishing excellent client relationships and providing high quality service and productivity;
- Assisting the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis;
- Performing any additional responsibilities that may be required by your Supervisor in support of the on-going management and development of the division.
Skills / Experience:
- Commerce degree or diploma;
- Proficient in MS Excel;
- Hedge fund industry knowledge would be a distinct advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Structured and detail oriented;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skillsin the finance industry;
- An understanding of regulatory and financial reporting regime and IFRS;
- Ability to motivate and influence a team, high managerial skills.