Senior Technology Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic team leader with a deep understanding of how a high quality IT service desk should operate.
Specifically we are looking for someone who is able to empathise with the business and is able to understand the need for consistent, high quality service.
The role requires a candidate who is able to build and manage a global function from the jurisdictional resources at hand to support users across multiple business units, countries and time zones.
The primary role of the Global Service Desk Manager is to take responsibility for the day to day management of the Service Desk across Sanne Group including:
- Managing allocation and resolution of incoming service desk calls from the business;
- Ensuring effective operational management of the service desk team in Jersey;
- Development of the Service Desk function to utilise resources in Cape Town, Mauritius and Belgrade;
- Develop and manage the teams ongoing performance through coaching;
- Liaise regularly with the business to ensure services levels are aligned to expectations;
- Educate the business on use of the service desk and the best approach in gaining support;
- Update IT policies and procedures as required;
- Manage operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes and compliance checks;
- Maintenance of hardware and software lifecycle management;
- Problem management - root cause analysis and putting in place solutions to problems to prevent further incidents;
- Monitor and approve daily checks;
- Maintain equipment stock levels and asset registration;
- Managing backup compliance checks;
- Change management - ensuring controlled changes to Infrastructure to prevent unexpected incidents;
- Performing routine audits of systems and software;
- Support for network and system security;
- Produce, maintain and develop documentation relevant to the service desk.
Skills / Experience:
The candidate must have a good understanding of, and experience of managing an IT service desk including the following attributes:
- A highly self-motivated individual with strong initiative and drive to achieve;
- Great communication skills in order to collaborate directly with the business;
- Capable of working on own initiative and well as part of a team;
- Knowledge and experience of best practice in a technical support environment;
- Good understanding of corporate networks and technology;
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills and lead new initiatives;
- Professional qualifications would be an advantage although not essential.