Senior Risk Manager
Responsibility for the review and sign off of reports in line with agreed risk management criteria. Review of management information and reports back to portfolio strategies, offering documents and associated regulation. Daily contact for clients and queries in relation to risk reporting and oversight. Responsibility for the management of clients and workloads, as well as development of the team.
Risk Management and Management/AIFM reports:
- Sign off of price movements to various sources, ascertain liquidity of portfolio in relation to regulation and rules and sign off of reports in line with the risk management review procedure;
- Responsibility for the statistical analysis of portfolios, including stress testing and reporting in accordance with findings;
- Oversight and monitoring of work undertaken by colleagues as part of four eyes review and escalation point for team members;
- Preparation and delivery of presentations for the SFMGL Board along with acting as the main contact point for the Board and clients alike.
Management Information and communication:
- Managing allocated client relationships, liaison with the investment advisors, investment managers and boards as required;
- Preparation, sign off and presentation of board reports, breach reports and any board communication in conjunction with the senior management team
- Responsibility for effective management and development of the team.
Compliance and Risk:
- Review of fund documents to ensure portfolios and valuations comply with any regulation or fund restrictions and liaison with the compliance department in respect of any breaches;
- Review fund documents (Scheme Particulars, Prospectus, KIIDs and KID) to ensure they comply with regulatory rules/regulations;
- Sign off of KID and KIIDs;
- Oversee service provider oversight visits and report in order to meet outsourcing requirements and identify any operational risks;
- Review of marketing rules and laws within relevant jurisdictions whilst ensuring regulatory knowledge, and understanding thereof, is up to date;
- Assist with regular compliance reporting.
- Sign off the preparation of fund fact sheets.
- Review and sign off of Trade recommendations;
- Management of projects or system enhancements, as required;
- Assist with other duties as and when required.
Skills / experience:
- Strong written, presentation and communication skills;
- Proven critical analysis, research and trouble shooting skills;
- Demonstrated man management skills across the broad requirements of managing and leading a team effectively;
- Excellent level of Excel – Intermediate level at a minimum;
- Demonstrated ability to building, manage and maintain strong client relationships;
- Proven understanding of the requirements of relevant requirements, law and regulations in relation to the take on of new business;
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard, or equivalent;
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience, 3 of which have been at a management level.