Senior HR Officer
The Senior HR Officer will work with Senior Management to provide a full range of HR services to their designated client group.
This is a varied role, with a focus on integration. The Senior HR Officer should have a broad range of experience, be able to manage competing priorities and be confident working on their own initiative.
- Act in true partnership with your client group, to ensure you always understand their requirements, and can tailor the delivery of your service to meet their needs;
- Be a trusted advisor to your key stakeholders and their management teams, offering advice which aims to address their needs whilst balancing this against risk exposure for the business;
- Support HR Management and, where appropriate, take the lead on managing complex employee relations cases, including performance and absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedures;
- Take ownership of transactional HR activity for your business area, in conjunction with support from the HR operations team. This includes the employee on/off boarding process, ensuring all data is updated and accurate in People, maintaining the hire plan and offer log, and oversight of administration such as reference letters and contracts of employment;
- Manage the recruitment process to meet the resourcing requirements for your business area. Demonstrate a commercial mindset, offering creative solutions to attract and retain top talent;
- Manage the different employee populations including a recently acquired business in your location. Work on integration of the 2 groups to align the policies and procedures.
- Enhance service delivery through the use of data, by reporting on sickness, annual leave, turnover and other relevant statistics to your client group.
Skills / experience:
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail;
- Previous experience operating in a fast paced, professional services environment;
- Ability to manage competing priorities and keep senior stakeholders updated at all times;
- Knowledge of local employment law and any other jurisdiction a distinct advantage;
- Experience operating at business partner or senior advisor level;
- Hold a CIPD or equivalent qualification;
- Experience using HR systems, preferably Sage People and Recruitee;
- Must be self motivated, with a commercial mindset, with the ability to work off your own initiative; and
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels throughout the business.