Senior Fund Accountant
We are seeking a Senior Fund Accountant, reporting to a Manager within the Alternative Asset Services of Sanne, to have responsibility for the preparations of accurate portfolio valuations on a timely basis. You will typically be responsible for the preparation/overseeing of a number of
client portfolios (underlying accounting, financial statements preparation, regulatory requirements) including the development and mentoring of more junior team members and providing the highest quality of customer.
- Working with the Assistant Manager, Manager and Director to ensure the planning, coordination and completion of NAVs, Management Reporting and
- Statutory Reporting of corporate entities to ensure the team complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations and requirements including listing requirements and client reporting;
- Assist with the Supervision and mentoring of a number of trainee fund accountants and fund accountants;
- Liaising with fund managers, brokers, and custodians to communicate information and resolve issues on a timely basis;
- Ensure that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines;
- Assisting the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis;
- Performing any additional responsibilities that may be required in the support of the on-going management and development of the division.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual NAV’s ,
- Management accounts and IPD’s and
- Preparation of annual statutory financials statements.
Skills / Experience:
Commerce degree with:
- Registered accountant with SAICA; no post article experience required
- Proficient in MS Excel;
- Structural and detail orientated;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Motivated and driven;
- Minimum of 2 years fund related accounting experience and
- Private Debt and Capital Markets knowledge will be a distinct advantage.