Senior Administrator, Market Data
The main functions of Market Data are Trade File Uploads, Security Master Data Integrity, Security Pricing, and maintaining a complete and up to date Corporate Actions listing in Paxus. We act as the main support group for the Accounting & Valuations (A&V) department. Will be responsible for assisting administrators with complex funds/tasks as well as creating/updating models in Excel and other systems.
- Ensuring that trades and prices have been correctly processed into systems.
- Analyse Corporate Actions and ensuring that they are correctly processed.
- Reconciling prices and positions to Prime Brokers.
- Liaise with Prime Brokers/Fund Accountants regarding trade/price/corporate action issues.
- Assist teammates and offer advice/guidance to resolve their issues.
- Check teammates work to ensure quality control.
- Ensure that teammates meet their deadlines regarding tasks/funds.
- Offer training to staff.
- Set up models and templates in Excel.
- Creating routines for new Prime Brokers and edit/maintain expressions for amendments of file formats/structure by existing Prime Brokers.
- Testing new systems/upgrades.
- Taking on complex funds.
- Meet with Auditors/Clients to explain the intricacies of the department.
- Seek new methods to improve productivity/efficiency of the department.
- Undertake additional tasks/projects assigned by the Manager.
Skills / experience:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Good working knowledge of the Financial Securities market including language, instruments and mechanics
- 2+ years experience in similar area
- Advanced Excel skills