Manager - Fund Controller
Sanne is a leading global provider of alternative asset and corporate administration services. Established for over 30 years and listed as a FTSE 250 company on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, SANNE employs more than 1,900+ people worldwide and administers structures and funds that have in excess of £465 billion of assets.
As leaders in our field, we deliver tailored fiduciary services to a highly valued international client base through a global network of regulated businesses within 20 established international financial centres spread across the Americas, EMEA and Asia –Pacific.
Fund and Investor Accounting:
- Prepare work paper files including investment activity, management fee calculations, IRR calculation, unrealized/realized waterfall calculations, etc.
- Review fund reimbursable expenses;
- Prepare capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices;
- Prepare fund financial statements with footnotes and supporting schedules;
- Prepare partner allocations and capital account statements;
- Understand/review of LPAs, purchase/sales agreement, side letters, etc.
- Coordinate and support the audit for both SSAE 16 audit and fund audit;
- Support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports;
- Assist with other regulatory reporting;
- Responsible for investor and partner queries (i.e. audit confirmation, investor cash flow, IRR analysis, etc.).
Cash Management and Operations:
- Facilitate and monitor cash movements;
- Prepare funding memos for investment purchase, fund expense payment, etc.
- Conduct cash forecasting and budgeting;
- Responsible for bank and brokerage reconciliations;
- Assist with Ad hoc financial analysis for client;
- Assist with credit facility drawdowns for the fund;
- Coordinate with investor services team.
- Track portfolio company transactions (purchases, income, liquidity);
- Understand complex investment structures (hold co's blockers, tax withholding, etc.);
- Calculate investment IRR;
- Accounting for holding companies and blocker entities.
- 6-12 years of professional experience (A mix of private and audit preferred);
- Minimum 3-6 years of direct Private Equity experience (Hedge Funds do not count as relevant experience);
- CPA Preferred;
- Strong Fund and Partner accounting knowledge;
- Credit funds exposure;
- Portfolio accounting, complex investment structures preferred;
- Supervisory experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly motivated with ability to multitask.
- Experience in fund accounting with a focus on private equity experience;
- Knowledge with LPA or other governing documents;
- Experience with waterfall calculations;
- Basic knowledge of Level 3 valuation methodologies;
- Experience with audit process, including internal control and test of details;
- Knowledge of US GAAP with an emphasis on investment partnerships.
Our services focus on
Fund accounting and financial reporting - Offering exceptional technical accounting and reporting capabilities tailored to the specific needs of structures and clients;
Governance, management and control
- Ensuring statutory duties and governance are undertaken with appropriate diligence;
Administration of Private Equity structures - Delivering a responsive, client focused administration service.