Manager (Accounting) - Private Debt and Capital Markets
Reporting to the Associate Director within the division covering financial reporting obligations to support the growing private debt fund team, the focus of this role is:
- development and mentoring of the team
- development of working procedures and processes for the Jersey office and the private debt fund team to ensure provision of the highest quality of client service
Given the divisional responsibilities outlined below, the candidate will need to have significant experience and expertise.
- Joint responsibility for assisting in the development of the debt fund team in Jersey and for the day-to-day financial reporting and management of a portfolio of clients;
- Managing a specialised services team on all aspects of the debt fund financial reporting, including working directly with Sanne’s customers to ensure their debt funds and underlying SPVs are run efficiently in compliance with the relevant laws and contractual obligations, and being involved with the management team to strategically build the Debt business;
- Working with the Associate Director as well as the Head of Division to ensure the planning, coordination and completion of NAVs, Management Reporting and Statutory Reporting of the funds and underlying SPVs to ensure the team complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations;
- Ensuring quality control prior to the further review and approval of Sanne’s authorised persons including payments, calculations and transactions;
- Preparation and implementation of entity customer specific procedures in relation to the reporting requirements;
- Ensuring reporting complies with entity and statutory requirements including local law, relevant GAAP, including IFRS and other reporting principals;
- Development and maintenance of divisional and departmental policies and procedures;
- Ensuring that all day to day matters required to be completed are performed in a timely and satisfactory manner including monitoring tasks and delegating these across the relevant manager’s team;
- Support the implementation of new structures;
- Act as primary point of contact with auditors in respect of the planning and coordination of the audits;
- Be able to provide sound, quality and technical guidance to clients;
- Monitor WIP against agreed budgets and report variances to the relevant client director.
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the strategic development of the client team including client meetings, new business pitches and new business proposals.
Skills / experience required:
- Professional qualification – ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Ideally three - four years’ experience in a similar relevant capability in the finance industry;
- An understanding of Jersey regulatory and financial reporting regime and IFRS;
- Ability to motivate and influence a team, high managerial skills