You will be a part of the Group DevOps team developing our modern applications and API platform to improve business process efficiencies; provide superior client digital services and support the scaling of our operational model.
As a permanent member of our DevOps team, your focus will be to help implement our API Strategy by building out our cloud based modern API platform and architecture used for enterprise-wide integrations, along with developing internal and client-facing applications and assisting in providing a centralised data and analytics platform for downstream data analytics.
- Working as part of a squad, delivering through agile methodologies;
- Working in collaboration with customers, partners, and peers to identify requirements;
- Helping break down large problems into smaller iterative steps;
- Contribute to defining the prioritisation of your squad’s backlog;
- Build out the modern API platform based on business requirements using agreed design patterns;
- Design, prototype, develop, test, and deploy applications on business requirements using agreed design patterns;
- Contribute to the continuous development and maturing of design patterns for others to follow;
- Pick the most appropriate tool, method, and design pattern to satisfy the requirement;
- Proactively improves things where they see issues;
- Provide guidance and training to other squad members;
- Document, support, manage and maintain the modern API platform built within your squad;
- Comply with all Sanne policies;
- Provide training assistance Provide guidance and training to the applications and APIs consumers;
- Any other duties in the scope of the role that the company requires.
Skills / experience:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to plan, and manage your own work loads;
- Familiar with agile methodologies and experience in working in that way.
A primary candidate will have strong technical knowledge working with:
- Microsoft .NET and API development;
- Modern, public Cloud based API Platforms;
- Microservices, API and Event Driven Architecture;
- Certifications in relevant areas.
Primary Candidate Technologies:
- Microsoft ASP .NET Core;
- SQL and NoSQL databases;
- Git & GitHub.
- API Gateway;
- AWS RDS;
- AWS SNS& SQS;
- AWS Lambda Functions.
- Modern CI/CD setups;
- Automated testing tools;
- Standard tools used for software development like JIRA, Jenkins, etc.;
- Scripting (Power Shell, Python, SSIS);
- Good understanding following test-driven development and continuous integration practices;
- Exposure to Agile methodology for project delivery;
- Experience in working with a team who are DevOps oriented will be value.