German Senior Accountant – Corporate / Real Assets Accounting
- Prepare and review annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP or IFRS, as required;
- Knowledge of German GAAP (HGB);
- Knowledge of YARDI;
- Prepare and review financial highlight disclosures, including calculations of total returns, preparation of per share tables, expense ratio analysis, etc.
- Ensure accuracy of footnote disclosures via review of legal documents governing the fund or companies;
- Present to or exchange information internally, with clients and outside auditors;
- Coordinate year-end financial statement process;
- Identify errors or problems and independently investigate; recommend solutions to team members or Directors;
- Work under limited supervision. Follow established procedures. Plan own work. Suggest methods and procedures for new work assignments, reviewing with supervisor for input or approval;
- Assist in development of training programs for accountants in all aspects of financial reporting and the alternative fund industry.
- Be in contact for clients’ and investors’ requests.
- Set up and monitor reporting (regulatory and client reporting) / corporate calendar;
- Ensure compliance with tax and legal obligations in relation to the given advice of the Legal and tax service providers.
Skills / experience:
- Degree from a Business school in Accounting and Finance;
- Minimum 3-5 year of experience in the financial / alternative fund industry
- Good knowledge of alternative fund structures / asset classes (i.e. real estate, private equity);
- Accounting knowledge of Private Equity/ Real Estate, Holding Companies, SPVs etc. (Lux GAAP / IFRS / German GAAP/ YARDI/ NAV);
- ACCA would be an advantage or working towards the qualification;
- Knowledge of Luxembourg investment laws, in particular the AIFM law;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel), Blueprint, Fund Count, and Viewpoint
- Fluency in English and German are mandatory. French would be an advantage.
What you can expect:
- An innovative, modern business environment;
- Highly motivated experienced team;
- Growth & development opportunities.
As Sanne Group Luxembourg is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.