We are seeking a Fund Accountant, reporting
to a Manager within the Alternative Asset Services of Sanne, to have responsibility for the preparations of accurate portfolio valuations on a timely basis. You will typically be responsible for the preparation/overseeing of a number of client portfolios (underlying accounting, financial statements preparation, regulatory requirements) including the development and mentoring of more junior team members and providing the highest quality of customer.
- Working with the manager and Director to ensure the planning, coordination and completion of NAVs,
- Management Reporting and Statutory Reporting of corporate entities to ensure the team complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations and requirements including listing requirements and client reporting;
- Assist with the w and mentoring of a number of trainee fund accountants;
- Liaising with fund managers, brokers, and custodians to communicate information and resolve issues on a timely basis;
- Ensure that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines;
- Assisting the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis;
- Performing any additional responsibilities that may be required in the support of the on-going management and development of the division.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual NAV’s,
- Management accounts and IPD’s; and Preparation of annual statutory financials statements.
Skills / Experience:
Commerce degree with:
- Financial Accounting 3
- Taxation 1
- Auditing 1 OR Internal Auditing 2 or Internal Control & code of Ethics;
- Corporate Law 1 OR Commercial Law 2
- Management accounting;
- Started or interested in starting SAIPA articles;
- Proficient in MS Excel; structural and detail orientated;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to prioritize work and meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Motivated and driven and Minimum of 2 years fund related accounting experience.
- Private Debt and Capital Markets knowledge will be a distinct advantage.