Fund Accountant, Fund Accounting
We are seeking a Fund Accountant, reporting to a Manager within the Fund Accounting Division of Sanne to prepare accurate portfolio valuations and financial statements. The Fund Accountant role involves preparations of accurate portfolio valuations on a timely basis. You will typically be responsible for the accounting of a number of portfolios. Maintain the underlying accounting records for assigned funds (including domestic, offshore, hedge funds, partnerships, etc.). Seasoned incumbent responsible for approximately 3 to 6 valuations.
- Prepare daily, weekly and/or monthly portfolio valuations;
- Maintain the underlying accounting records for assigned funds;
- Liaise with fund managers, brokers and custodians to communicate information and resolve issues on a timely basis;
- Reconcile brokerage and custodian accounts to underlying records;
- Establishing excellent client relationships and provide a quality service at all times;
- Assist the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis;
- Assist Senior Fund Accountants and Supervisors with audit queries;
- Periodically assists with reviews and the identification of errors and inconsistencies.
Skills / experience:
- Commerce, Honours or Bus Sci Degree with Financial Accounting;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Structured and detail oriented;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- At least 2 years related experience;
- Proficient in MS Excel;
- Hedge fund industry knowledge would be a distinct advantage.