Business Analyst – DevOps
You will be a part of the Group DevOps team developing our modern applications and API platform to improve business process efficiencies; provide superior client digital services and support the scaling of our operational model.
As a member of our DevOps team, your focus will be to help implement our API Strategy by building out our cloud based modern API platform and architecture used for enterprise-wide integrations, along with developing internal and client-facing applications and assisting in providing a centralised data and analytics platform for downstream data analytics.
- Conduct business analysis assignments with a commercial perspective, developing investment appraisals and proposals suitable for relevant management to make well-informed decisions;
- Engage and consult with stakeholders on assigned projects and initiatives;
- Conduct requirements and process analysis work using industry standard techniques and adopting Group tools and standards;
- Manage team and vendor resources where applicable, including support and development of junior resources where assigned in matrix or line management arrangement;
- Develop, manage and execute comprehensive project plans to include requirements, process, data, integration, migration, testing and implementation (including training and user documentation) plans;
- Manage projects in accordance with Group standards ensuring effective communication to all stakeholders of relevant project matters;
- Manage risks and issues in projects pragmatically ensuring relevant management stakeholders are properly informed, escalating in a timely manner;
- Collaborate with team and other Sanne colleagues to coordinate and synchronise activity towards broader mutual objectives;
- Collaborate in team and divisional initiatives towards continued improvement, and ad hoc incident management;
- From time to time, as necessary, handle hands-on activity in projects or operationally, for data analysis, data migrations, data updates, rapid solutions, hands on support of applications, and similar duties. This will include use of MS SQL (or other SQL platforms) and data query/analysis tools.
Skills / experience:
- The candidate must have a good understanding of and should have worked in the financial services industry for a minimum of three years. Fund administration experience would be useful. Experience around BACS, SWIFT and general banking also valuable;
- Strong Technology skills generally, intermediate/advanced skills in Microsoft products expected, and experience of some software development would be valuable in this role;
- Some hands-on experience of MS SQL or other recognised SQL platforms for queries, views, stored procedures is valued. Knowledge of ETL concepts also useful;
- Must be self-motivated and be able to manage an initiative in all stages of the change cycle through to post completion analysis. Understanding of change management life cycles, solutions delivery and software development lifecycles, in agile project methods;
- Good understanding following test-driven development and continuous integration practices;
- Exposure to Agile methodology for project delivery;
- Experience in working with a team who are DevOps oriented will be valued;
- A commercial outlook, knowledge of investment appraisal methods (IRR, NPV, DCF) are expected;
- A professional qualification would be a distinct advantage although not essential. PMP, PMI-ACP, PSM qualifications would also be an asset in this role, or any Technology certification;
- Must have previous experience of managing staff and operating in a team environment;
- Must have strong communication, emotional intelligence and people skills in order to collaborate directly with the business at all levels, including the ability to build and run presentations and workshops, and facilitation and mediation skills;
- Must have proven and demonstrated problem solving skills and an ability to see opportunities and action them;
- Strong understanding of relational data modelling, and process analysis/modelling. Value chain analysis, data analysis and interpretation skills are also sought in this role;
- Some product/vendor management will be necessary, and relevant skills would be valuable in this role;
- Good awareness of opportunities in technology around FinTech and RegTech and interest in direction of technology relevant to our industry.