Associate Manager/Manager - Client Services
- Responsible for all operational aspects of Unit deliverables including effective management of the resources and activities.
- Ensure high quality service delivery within Unit.
- Oversee, review and monitor work done by the Unit members.
- Review timesheets, identify, and take actions for spare capacity v/s overloaded staff.
- Provide regular updates on all operational aspects of Unit deliverables to Unit Head.
- Identifying training needs and communicate to Unit Head.
- Mentoring and coaching of team members.
- Assisting in a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Show understanding of business risks in the Global Business Sector (GBS) and approach day to day work with a risk minimisation mind-set.
- Proactively identify areas of operational risks, prescribe actions to mitigate risk, and escalate accordingly.
- Perform customer due diligence (CDD) as per AML Code and maintain an updated list of CDD for all companies.
- Liaise with auditors as required (for highly technical & complex issues).
- Attend accounting-related client meetings, internally and externally when required.
- Review of statutory filings with ROC.
- Review/sign off on bank account opening and ensure that banking transactions undertaken are within the company's scope of business.
- Review accounts and ensure all details 100% correct.
- Troubleshoot and/or assist in resolution/escalating of complex accounting issues.
- Ensure that final deliverables to client are 100% correct in terms of quality and accuracy.
- Review, filing or ensure timely submission of documents to Unit Head for filing of Annual returns, APS returns, PAYE return, TDS returns, VAT returns, Indian tax returns within statutory due dates.
- Manage client relationships and service delivery for allocated clients and/or functions, ensuring that client requirements and requests are met consistently to the highest standard and within deadlines and that clients are satisfied with level of service.
- Have regular meetings with team members to ensure proper work allocations and prioritization.
Skills and Experience required
- 5-7 years of working experience in the Global Business Sector or an audit firm would be an advantage;
- Holds a degree or is an ACCA or ACA qualified member
- Demonstrate a client service mind-set when servicing the client.
- Proficient in MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Good written and spoken communications skills.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Goal-oriented and an organized team player.
- Quick learner and able to adapt in different work environment.
- Well organised and a track record of working to tight deadlines.
- Able to work under pressure.