Assistant Manager, Human Resources
We are seeking an Assistant Manager, reporting to an Associate Director within the SA HR Division of Sanne. You will work closely with the HR team and be a key member of the wider Sanne Human Resources function. The role provides the full range of HR services covering South Africa and the Malta office. The role will report to the HR Associate Director, based in South Africa.
- Ensure that Sanne’s HR policies and procedures are legally compliant with employment legislation in South Africa and Malta.
- Work with the management team to guide and coach where necessary on all people issues demonstrating a strategic understanding of HR, the business, and its goals.
- Oversee industrial relations matters ensuring legal compliance and adherence to policy requirements. Coach and support the business on such matters.
- Ensure the successful delivery of HR core services through management of the HR team in South Africa including liaising with the wider HR team in other jurisdictions.
- Talent Pipelining & Acquisition: Ensure that recruitment of the right talent through supporting the building and sustenance of a talent pipeline in a proactive manner.
- Employer Brand: Collaborate with the Senior HR Manager to refine strategies and develop new solutions to continually improve the employee experience;
- Staff Records Management: Oversee the staff records management process to ensure that all required staff documents/ background checks are timeously updated (electronically and physically) and stored securely;
- Reporting: Measure, assess, and report on the effectiveness of the recruitment process including opportunities for process improvements and strategies to attract scarce skills. Contribute to the department’s monthly report with the relevant HR metrics and information;
- Off-Boarding: Supervise the exit process for all departing staff (permanent & temporary) to ensure that all termination procedures (including system actions) have been completed as per policies and procedures. Ongoing analysis of key data relating to employee exit trends and preparation of reports and recommendations to management
- Long-Term Staff Benefits Administration in terms of staff benefits.
- From a recognized University and a relevant post graduate degree in HR/Psychology/Business Management/Commerce or another related field;
- A professional qualification in HR is an added advantage;
- Generalist Human Resources experience with minimum 5 years practical experience specifically in HR Operations and Industrial Relations. Experience in the financial services industry is essential;
- Impeccable computer skills including the full suite of MS Office applications with strong excel skills;
- Experience of using HR systems is essential with exposure to Success Factors being critical. Experience with other systems such as VIP, can also be an advantage;
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment;