Sanne is currently seeking an Assistant Manager to join the accounting team within our Client Services division. Reporting to a Senior Manager, this role covers financial reporting and administration obligations to support a growing team with a focus on the highest quality customer service.
You will be responsible for the preparation/overseeing of a high profile private debt client (underlying accounting, financial statements preparation, regulatory requirements) including the development and mentoring of more junior team members and providing the highest quality of customer service.
- Working within a specialised services team on all aspects of financial reporting and administration to ensure the team and client servicing aspects are run efficiently;
- Supervise a small number of accounting trainees within the London and Cape Town teams, who are studying towards professional qualifications, including mentoring, training and development;
- Review of quarter end NAV and carry calculations and investor reporting;
- Review of calculations for drawdowns, distributions and equalisations, as well as leverage and bridge facility reporting;
- Reconciliation of the investment portfolio, regarding interest receipts, interest accruals and principal positions on the relevant software between the client, the Facility Agent and Sanne;
- Acting as primary point of contact with auditors in respect of the planning and coordination of the client audit;
- Ensuring that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines;
- Providing sound, quality and technical guidance to clients;
- Ensure fee invoices are sent to clients, undertake and be able to demonstrate regular monitoring and effective chasing of the outstanding debts within your portfolio;
- Establishing, building and maintaining strong relationships and networks with both internal, cross jurisdictional and external contacts including auditors and third parties;
- Working with team to ensure projects run smoothly including getting involved in the migration and implementation of any new accounting systems or investor portals;
- Be willing to assist with other duties as necessary to support the strategic development of the client team including client meetings, new business pitches and new business proposals;
- Any other duties in the scope of the role that the Company requires.
Skills / Experience:
- Professional qualification – Qualified ACCA or equivalent;
- Minimum 4 years’ of experience in the finance industry;
- Knowledge of alternative investment funds and alternative asset classes (i.e. real estate, private equity or private debt);
- Good understanding of financial reporting standards;
- A team player with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to prioritize work and meet strict deadlines;
- Experience in mentoring / managing junior team members;
- Motivated and driven.